As a part of the Company’s integrity, the Company follows the outlined whistle blower policy which is designed to allow the complainant / Whistle blower to give voice to his / her concerns without any fear of reprisal / victimisation from the superiors / management.
The whistle blower can be any stakeholder, whether employee, dealer, vendor, customer, shareholder, contractors and their personnel and other connected persons, Provided, that such personnel do not have ongoing or anticipated claims or legal proceedings or any other litigation on the company. Further, all such complainants whose associates, relations, direct or indirect family members who have any such arbitration with the company are not eligible to complain under this policy.
The whistle blower may complain on the following areas only within the premises of the company.
1. Incorrect financial reporting.
2. Moral standards not being maintained.
3. Not in line with Company policy.
4. Illegal in nature and substance.
5. Improper conduct and conduct not becoming our company.
1. The Whistle Blower Policy (‘the Policy’) shall be administered by the Chairman cum Managing Director of the Company.
2. The Company has assigned the e-mail ID of firstname.lastname@example.org on which the employee can report or send a written complaint to the Chairman cum Managing Director of the Company.
3. The Whistle Blowing procedure is extended to be used for serious and sensitive issues and the compliant should be specific in nature containing sufficient details to permit investigation without need for direct contact.p>
The complaint shall include:
* Nature and facts of the complaint
* People involved
* The impact, Monetary or otherwise on the Company
* Name, address/ work location of the Complainant
* Supporting documents and any other evidence.
4. Consistent with the Company’s philosophy, the Company would expect the complainants to put their names for investigation purposes. Anonymous applications will not be covered by the policy.
5. The process of investigation may take the help of the Head of Internal Audit/ HR Department or any other person. The investigation will be completed within 60 days of the receipt of the complaint. Within 60 days the decision on the complaint will be communicated to the Whistle Blower by either the Chairman cum Managing Director.
6. For any complaint, Chairman cum Managing Director may constitute a small Committee to assist them with the investigation.
7. Based on their findings as recommended to the Chairman cum Managing Director appropriate course of action will be taken.
8. Only in exceptional cases, where the complaint itself is against the Chairman cum Managing Director or when the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation carried out by the Chairman cum Managing Director he can directly appeal to the Chairman of the Audit Committee. The Chairman of the Audit Committee will inform the Complainant the date, time and place where he/ she can meet. This will be communicated at least eight days in advance.
9. The Committee deliberations shall be incorporated in the minutes and documented as part of the final report.
10. The complaints received under this policy will be put forward, to the Chairman of the Audit Committee.
The Proceedings shall be carried out in strict confidentiality, in an unbiased manner and shall ensure thorough fact finding. The Whistle Blower-Complainant, Chairman cum Managing Director, Audit Committee Chairman and every internal and external stakeholder involved in the process shall:
a. Maintain complete confidentiality / secrecy of the matter
b. Not discuss the matter in any informal / social gatherings / meetings
c. Not to keep papers unattended anywhere at any time
d. Keep the electronic mails / files under password
The Company will not tolerate harassment or victimization and will take action to protect the whistle blower (Complainant). The Company assures every Whistle Blower, protection against unfair termination or any other disciplinary action or unlawful discrimination or retaliation in any manner for blowing the whistle under this policy. The Company will do its best to protect whistle blower’s identity when he/she makes a complaint. It must be appreciated, however, that the investigation process may require a statement by the whistle blower as part of the evidence.
The intent of the policy is to bring genuine and serious issues to the core. Allegations based not on reality but due to malicious intent will result in serious consequences and strong disciplinary action against the complainant concerned.
This Policy may be amended from time to time by the Board based on the recommendation of Chairman cum Managing Director.
The management is headed by Mr.K. Srinivasan, who is a B.Sc graduate fromMadras University. Mr.K Srinivasan is ably assisted by Mrs. Shakthi Srinivasan andMr. G.K. Venkatagopal in the capacity of Directors. The company is constantly driven towards excellence through the vision and mission of thetop management. Highlyqualified Engineers and professionals help the management in achieving theobjectives of the Company.
The group provides employment to over 4500 employees. The in-house ‘training center’ provides extensive training in the areasof design, production, stone setting etc. to the work force to maintain uniformity of quality and perfection. In addition to the skilled and semi-skilled work force, the Company possesses talented and updated team of designers proficient in computerized modeling andprototype equipments.
The Group is involved in design, development, production and distribution of a wide spectrum of jewellery, viz.,
“Business Line” recognized the Company in its issue dt. 5.10.12 by publishingan article captioned “Jeweller No.1”.
“The New Jeweller” in its special issue of Dec’12 published an article titled “Asia’s top 20 List” and identified Emerald as one among the top 20 in Asia in the Gold Jewellery Sector.
The Group operates 4 production facilities in Coimbatore each one specializing indifferent types of product range.
There are 4 sophisticated ‘Design Studios’ for the group in the cities of Coimbatore, Mumbai, Calcutta & Delhi.
The Company has a capacity to produce about 25 tonnes of Gold Jewellery&Articles, Diamond Jewellery per annum and about 3.6 tonnes of capacity to produceSilver Articles per annum in the above production facilities presently.
The Group has a centralized marketing office in Mumbai, which looks after theentire marketing activities of the group.
The following diagram aptly describes the distribution network of the group:
There are about 76 Wholesalers spread across the country who buy the finishedproducts from the company directly and sell to customers through the Retailers.
Shop-in-shop model is the marketing strategy the group has adopted for marketing their branded jewellery such as Ishtaa&Nishtaa. The pricing is doneon ‘MRP’ basis for these branded JEWELLERY. The centralized marketing office inMumbai is responsible for marketing these branded jewellery as well.
The Company is exporting its products to UK, USA, Middle East, Far East and New Zeland.
In addition to the above ‘brands’, Emerald Jewel Industry India Ltd launchedits own retail brand ‘JewelOne’ with a view to reach the common man at anaffordable price. These branded jewellery are marketed by our subsidiarycompany viz., Emerald Jewellery Retail Ltd., through its retail outlets. This RetailCompany has already opened 14 exclusive showrooms in places likeCoimbatore, Chennai – Purasawalkam and Mylapore, Kallakurichy, Vellore, Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Erode, Pollachi, Udumalpet,Tiruppur & Hosur in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. In addition, the retail arm of the Emerald Group has ambitious plans to open exclusive showrooms inall major cities and towns across the country in the coming years.
Emerald Jewel Industries India Limited [EJIIL] has been in existence for over 32 years which was launched with the purpose of serving customers with high quality, contemporary styled 916 BIS Hallmarked Gold Jewellery. Today it is a leading group in the Indian Jewellery industry having produced more than 3.5 Lakh designs. The company has also made its mark in the international markets through its export division. It employs over 4500 employees and follows a stringent quality process.
EJIIL is the brainchild of Mr. K. Srinivasan, who as Founder and Managing Director leads the manufacturing process laying emphasis on quality excellence and continuous improvement with a customer-centric approach. His relentless efforts, continuous research combined with high principles have lead the company to attain the position of ‘One of the world’s leading jewellery manufacturers’.
Jewel One is the retail brand of Emerald Group operating 14 exclusive showrooms across Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry, apart from being retailed through leading jewelleryoutlets across India. Jewel One has been patronized primarily by discerning customers seeking top quality 916 BIS Hallmark certified jewellerywhich EJIIL churns out using international technology. Jewel One is currently on an expansion mode and plans to roll out its exclusive showrooms pan India!